AM2 Heatsink Roundup

I looked at the FrozenCPU link from the review and it appears to not have the AM2 brackets.
I checked a few other stores as well: newegg, zzf, etc. and none of them have the version that's compatible w/ AM2.

This is probably the quietest option for SFF PCs that fit in a X-QPack or Microfly case. The Zalman CNPS8000 got a really bad review in SilentPCReview and Zalman said they are not going to come up w/ a bracket for the CNPS7000 that was the de facto standard for Socket 939 :-P

I am not sure on the availability of the AM2 version. The one i have here is an engineering sample. Are you sure the blue orb will fit in a SFF?

So yeah, I bought the Blue Orb II for my HTPC based on this review... and let me say that being a little higher than a whisper is a fuken understatement.

17db... LMAO... more like 30.

This thing is a damn hair dryer (over exaggeration), i turned cool and quite on and it's still louder than the stock alloy fan (not the heatpipe ones).

So here I am buying a single fan controller.

Well i bought a zalman that was in the round up and it will be here monday. I bought it to replace my xp-120. I hope it is better.

Does anyone know how the Scythe Infinity performance is compared to the Zalman CNPS9500?

In Austria the price is quite the same. And unfortunally you cannot get any Thermalright collers in Austria.

I would also like to know how exactly you testet the idle and load temps.

dnottis said:
Exactly - its not even a good performing cooler anymore. I dont get it.

The load temp is only 1°C higher then the temp of the Zalman and it has the advantage, that you can change the fan.

Bbq said:
Nice Article, but I have a question:

Do all the AM2's have the heatpipe cooler, or only certain higher-end processors?

Well I don't know if I was an exception, but my sealed retail box AM2 Athlon64 X2 4600 came with the exact same heatsink that a Sempron64 2800 came with I bought for someone. Just a square chunk of aluminum with a ~80mm fan clipped in.

No big deal as I bought that Zalman CNPS 9500 AM2 when I got the processor.

Back