AM2 heatsink for Microfly

JasonE4

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
253
I just got a Biostar Tforce 6100 am2 board with a 3600 and I thought I'd try an Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 that I had lying around, but it doesn't fit. Does anyone have the same or a similar setup and want to recommend a heatsink for me to try out? Thanks.
 
i said it before and i'll say it again, with a little trimming you can always fit an xp90 in a qpack/microfly and this would be one of the best heatsinks you can fit in them. other than that the older zalman hsf would fit well.
 
my fiance has a zalman 7700cu in hers, clears with no mod by about 2mm

edit: crapholes!...you're asking for AM2, hers is 939, my bad.
 
Grab the old Stock heatpiped 939. It mounts fine with the AM2 socket, its cheap too. I added a 80mm Silverstone that has a 92mm fan blade setup with an 80mm mounting setup. The fan is like 4$ and is pretty slient with a bit of motor noise.
 
Grab the old Stock heatpiped 939. It mounts fine with the AM2 socket, its cheap too. I added a 80mm Silverstone that has a 92mm fan blade setup with an 80mm mounting setup. The fan is like 4$ and is pretty slient with a bit of motor noise.
I actually was looking for one of those, but I couldn't find one. Have any suggestions on where to find one?
 
post a "wanted to buy" thread in the forsale/for trade forum. lots of people here have no use for the stock HSF, and will likely sell it for $10USD + shipping...hell, maybe even including shipping for $10USD.
 
Back
Top