• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Am I safe?

StinkyMojo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
1,289
My setup:
2x 6600GT SLI
Asus A8N SLI
1 ide hd
1 dvd rw
1gb hyperX pc3000
3700+

i just rounded up these parts and have a OCZ Modstream 450watt psu. I am just wondering if this psu will have enough juice for everything before I put it together.. what do you think? I think that I'm safe, but if I jump to 6600GT's or higher I should get a bigger psu.. but I dunno
 
StinkyMojo said:
My setup:
2x 6600GT SLI
Asus A8N SLI
1 ide hd
1 dvd rw
1gb hyperX pc3000
3700+

i just rounded up these parts and have a OCZ Modstream 450watt psu. I am just wondering if this psu will have enough juice for everything before I put it together.. what do you think? I think that I'm safe, but if I jump to 6600GT's or higher I should get a bigger psu.. but I dunno
ModStream 450W has +12V@26A, +12V@34A is recommended for highend SLI.

But 6600GT's don't pull all that much power, compaired to 6800GT/U's or 7800GT/GTX's, so you are probably safe.

I recommend the OCZ PowerStream 520W, it can handle highend SLI easily.

Good Luck,
Dave ;)
 
thanks bud..

yea thats what I thought.. if i upgrade video cards down the road I def gotta get a better one.. thanks :D
 
Back
Top