Am I doing something wrong with my Cisco?

PlusLabs

Limp Gawd
Some of you have probably read my thread on my 3620 being a little slow... So I just bought a Linksys WRT54G router to hack around with, and that router seriously out performs my Cisco 3620 if its connected to a cable modem...

The Linksys gets around 8900/956 speed from the cable modem, and INSTANT page loads, no waiting, no waiting 10 years for a page resolution.... the 3620 gets a top speed of 5500/950 out of the cable modem, and it takes 2 seconds to start loading a web page...

I mean it's not doing any kind of complex ACLs or anything like that, it's pretty straight forward.

I just ordered a Cisco 3640 (128mb RAM) because i need a little more powerful router for some other crap, but im am going to bench that router agains the Linksys too, and if that is as slow as the 3620, both of them are getting thrown out the window.

Am I missing some thing?

That's interest that the WRT54G runs so much better than the Cisco.

How many systems are running off of the router each time?

I'd try clearing out the flash, and starting from a clean slate. Start with the most basic config.

Also, try some different interface cards if you can, you may have a faulty one.

Any errors on any of the interfaces? If you run continuous large packets to your service provider do you drop any packets?

Back