• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Alternative to X-fi Fatality Pro

Appa

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,748
I am fed up with the X-fi line of soundcards. I have an X-fi Platinum and a new Fatality Pro with X-ram and BOTH cause excessive popping/cracking while playing games on the eVGA motherboard. Are there any alternative sound card options out there that would be worthy of an [H] recommendation for gaming? I'm checking out that Azunetech soundcard right now, but it seems geared more toward entertainment/movie watching versus gaming. I do nothing but game on my Windows PC.
 
sorry, but for gaming, creative's line of cards are the best out there.... might wanna try an audigy 2 zs?
 
Since you have a powerful system, why don't you try the low-end software based X-Fi. Maybe you have problem with the hardware processor of the X-Fi. I think that you can still have EAX 5.0 and you system wouldn't be affected much(2x8800GTX).
 
Razer Barracuda is just another sound card using the C-Media Oxygen HD chip. See my thread about the X-Meridian(the longest active non sticky thread here), at the first post I've listed some other card with the Oxygen HD chip.
 
AppaYipYip said:
I am fed up with the X-fi line of soundcards. I have an X-fi Platinum and a new Fatality Pro with X-ram and BOTH cause excessive popping/cracking while playing games on the eVGA motherboard. Are there any alternative sound card options out there that would be worthy of an [H] recommendation for gaming? I'm checking out that Azunetech soundcard right now, but it seems geared more toward entertainment/movie watching versus gaming. I do nothing but game on my Windows PC.


So when and where will you put the X-Fi's up for sale?
 
The X-Fis apparently have problems with some overclocked systems. The next best cards for gaming would be either the Audigy 4 Pro or the Audigy 2 ZS. The Audigy 4 is preferable, but it's probably very pricey so the ZS would probably give you the best bang for your buck.
 
AppaYipYip said:
I am fed up with the X-fi line of soundcards. I have an X-fi Platinum and a new Fatality Pro with X-ram and BOTH cause excessive popping/cracking while playing games on the eVGA motherboard. Are there any alternative sound card options out there that would be worthy of an [H] recommendation for gaming? I'm checking out that Azunetech soundcard right now, but it seems geared more toward entertainment/movie watching versus gaming. I do nothing but game on my Windows PC.

Have you tried this if it helps: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1846726&postcount=1
 
Zero82z said:
The X-Fis apparently have problems with some overclocked systems. The next best cards for gaming would be either the Audigy 4 Pro or the Audigy 2 ZS. The Audigy 4 is preferable, but it's probably very pricey so the ZS would probably give you the best bang for your buck.

Got both and would take the Audigy 2 ZS over the Audigy 4 Pro anyday. I only bought the Audigy 4 Pro because the guy sold it to me $25 LOL! I wanted my $25 back:)
 
Donnie27 said:
Got both and would take the Audigy 2 ZS over the Audigy 4 Pro anyday. I only bought the Audigy 4 Pro because the guy sold it to me $25 LOL! I wanted my $25 back:)
Probably wasn't an Audigy 4 Pro then. The Pro has better DACs than the Audigy 2 ZS, and though the difference isn't that big the card does sound slightly better.
 
Zero82z said:
Probably wasn't an Audigy 4 Pro then. The Pro has better DACs than the Audigy 2 ZS, and though the difference isn't that big the card does sound slightly better.

My bad, it was just the Audigy 4, not the Audio 4 pro that the Elite Pro replaced.

This.

Not this.
 
AppaYipYip said:
THANK YOU!!!! GUYS....this completely fixed my problem. BOTH of my 680i systems now run flawlessly WITHOUT popping, cracking, etc. :D :D :D


I had this problem on both my Asus Striker Extreme system and my eVGA system. Now, they are popping/cracking free. :)

I'm glad you fixed it. cheers
 
Back
Top