Already have 512 x 2

I read all the threads on this topic but Im just asking generally in my situation, im running 2 x 512 ddr2 (PC-4200) right now and im pretty satisfied with it but I would like to boost my BF2 loading times and set myself up nicely for the future while i have a little hole burning in my wallet.

So what would be the best choice for me, to stay put with my config since i do have 2 open slots for memory in my motherboard, should i add 2 more 512s, stay put at 1gb or add one or two more 1gb stick.

Also do you have any suggestions of a good bang for my buck ram, also my ram is from a newish dell 8400 PC so im not sure how my new stick(s) would work with my current 1gb of ram.

Thanks in advance to whoever takes it upon themselves to pour over my late night raving :)

because of my lack of experience i cannot tell u how much ram will boost load times but i'm pretty sure it will. but try clockign your gfx card higher :D

oh and if you do not want to put up with any trouble, stick with the same ram your dell comes with. find it on dell.com and find some cool coupons ;)

i found the model off dell its a bit overpriced, but i was wondering since i have dual channel 512s right now if i should go with 2 more 512s or get the 1gb

Rabidchickens said:
i found the model off dell its a bit overpriced, but i was wondering since i have dual channel 512s right now if i should go with 2 more 512s or get the 1gb
Since you said you want to set up for the future, definitely go for a 1gb stick. I may be wrong, but as long as you kee your 2x512 configured for DC it will still be at that. :confused:

Back