All YouTube videos refuse to work on one PC in FF, while they work on another. WTF??

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I keep getting this error on YouTube:

Even the 15 second advertisement video that comes before it plays all the way through without error. But the video that I actually want to see starts for about 1 second, and then that happens. It's on my PC in the lab. I'm sitting right next to it with my laptop out, and I watch the exact same video, with the exact same version of FF (30.0 on both). It works just fine on my laptop.

Here is what I tried. I tried deleting all cookies, clearing the cache, and starting FF in safe mode. These suggestions come from here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/939314. No use. I'm in safe mode now, with all extensions disabled -- it still does not work. On my laptop, all extensions are enabled -- it works. On this PC, watching it in IE does work.

WTF is going on??! :confused::mad:

Recap: same version of FF on both computers, same version of Flash player, but YouTube refuses to work on one of the computers. The only difference is this PC (the one with the problem) has Windows 8.1 Pro 64x whereas my laptop has Windows 7 Pro 64x.

Help, anyone?

Back