All this time...

Fixall

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,396
I've been waiting and hoping for a 120hz IPS to come on the market. I liked that IPS screens had great viewing angles, but the main reason I wanted one was for their amazing, accurate color representation.

Well today I found out I have Deuteranopia. I'm freaking COLOR BLIND! I'm 27 and I had NO idea until now (took the Ishihara test for an interview).

Well scratch the IPS idea I guess. :(
 
You can still benefit from the viewing angles, and it's has less fatigue on the eyes.
 
Hmmm, I was unaware there was less eye-strain with an IPS. That alone makes one still worth picking up as I spend 6-8 hours a day doing "research" on a computer.
 
Last edited:
Well today I found out I have Deuteranopia. I'm freaking COLOR BLIND! I'm 27 and I had NO idea until now (took the Ishihara test for an interview).
how is that even possible? I mean that you saw those tests at 27 for the first time... :eek:
 
I know... I'm a lot more shocked than you are, trust me lol. I took a test in elementary school where I had to put a bunch of colors in order. I seemed to pass that, or at least they didn't say anything to me. The interview I went to had me take the ishihara test which is like a panel of 28 circles and you have to look at them and say what the number/shape/object is in them. I've seen these circles several times online, in magazines, etc and I had always been able to see the number.

When I took the official test I could see the number in the first circle and in a couple of the others. All the other circles just looked like a bunch of dots. Apparently the picture I see posted online and in magazines is of the first circle. So I had no trouble seeing it and never took a full test. There are several forms of color blindness. I'm Deuteranopic, or green weak.
 
Well the eyes are most sensitive to greens, for what it's worth. Strange that it would degenerate like that by age 27.
 
just took an online test and i'm good. i took one years ago but given the OP's situation i figured it's good to check and make sure.

Hmmm, I was unaware there was less eye-strain with an IPS. That alone makes one still worth picking up as I spend 6-8 hours a day doing "research" on a computer.

that much porn would cause blindness in anyone.
 
Back
Top