• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

All Cores Reporting Same Temperature?

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
4,137
As the title says, if I'm monitoring my CPU's temperature (using any program, Everest, CoreTemp, or Real Temp), for brief periods of time, my CPU reports the same temperature for all four cores.

In one instant:
Core 0: 27* C
Core 1: 23* C
Core 2: 30* C
Core 3: 22* C

The next instant:
Core 0: 24* C
Core 1: 24* C
Core 2: 24* C
Core 3: 24* C

It did not do this when I first got this setup about two years ago. I reapplied the thermal paste about two months ago. I highly doubt that I applied the thermal paste so well that all cores are reporting the same amount for short periods.

Intel Core i5 750 (stock)
Hyper 212+ (motherboard PWM control)
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Any ideas? This is really weird... :confused:
 
It's entirely possible that they all periodically reach the same temperature, or that the sensors are simply not producing correct readings at such low temperatures. I don't see why it would be something to worry about.
 
Back
Top