I just made a very delayed jump to Vista from XP and so far I'm really happy. My 4gb of ram actually shows up as 4gb!!!! Everything works the way it should except for my Realtek Audio.
In XP if I plugged my headset into the front connector of my case it would simultaneously play sound through my headset AND my speakers which are connected in the rear of the case. This was great because it would allow me to switch from headset to speakers with zero effort...great for when you wanna hear explosions over your sub woofer in TF2 then you realize you need to tell the stupid medics to give you an uber.
Unlike in XP where the front connectors and the rear connectors were viewed as one device, Vista sees them as two different devices and only allows you to play sound through either the front jacks or the rear jacks but not at the same time.This has been really frustrating. So if I'm playing TF2 and decide I need to use my headset, I have to close TF2, go to Realtek Audio Manager, change my speakers to the default device, and then restart TF2 in hopes that my slot wasn't taken. This is extreeeeemely frustrating because swapping from headphones to speakers in XP was completely effortless. Before if I was watching a movie through my speakers and realized it was getting pretty late I could just have plugged in my headphones and push the power button on my speakers. Now I have to fight with the audio settings which involves me restarting my movie...
So please...does anyone know a solution? I really hop there is some sort solution even if it involves purchasing a soundcard. I hope it's just not Vista being stubborn and seeing the front jacks and the rear jacks as two seperate devices with no way around it.
In XP if I plugged my headset into the front connector of my case it would simultaneously play sound through my headset AND my speakers which are connected in the rear of the case. This was great because it would allow me to switch from headset to speakers with zero effort...great for when you wanna hear explosions over your sub woofer in TF2 then you realize you need to tell the stupid medics to give you an uber.
Unlike in XP where the front connectors and the rear connectors were viewed as one device, Vista sees them as two different devices and only allows you to play sound through either the front jacks or the rear jacks but not at the same time.This has been really frustrating. So if I'm playing TF2 and decide I need to use my headset, I have to close TF2, go to Realtek Audio Manager, change my speakers to the default device, and then restart TF2 in hopes that my slot wasn't taken. This is extreeeeemely frustrating because swapping from headphones to speakers in XP was completely effortless. Before if I was watching a movie through my speakers and realized it was getting pretty late I could just have plugged in my headphones and push the power button on my speakers. Now I have to fight with the audio settings which involves me restarting my movie...
So please...does anyone know a solution? I really hop there is some sort solution even if it involves purchasing a soundcard. I hope it's just not Vista being stubborn and seeing the front jacks and the rear jacks as two seperate devices with no way around it.