AK-R8

wizzade

n00b
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
57
I am looking for a new headset. I was looking at getting the turtle beach ear force AK-R8. I see it comes with the audio advantage srm soundcard. Will this use my soundcard, or delete it all together? If it deletes it can someone suggest another headset for around the same price.

Thank you,

Wizzade
 
Looks like the little box thing will act as a soundcard for you, in fact it wants you to install a Windows-only driver. No EAX 3/4/5 support. Multi-channel output (to external devices) but only stereo input. Many comments on poor build quality, and sound leakage. Overall people on the net seem happy with it for the price, if it's the only way you're going to get multi-channel-ish audio.

Since the headphone set uses a proprietary connector, the SRM box will replace your existing sound card (though both should be able to be used on the same system).
 
Thank you for clearing that up. Now can anyone suggest a good headset in the $100-$150 range? I have no Idea what I am looking at when looking for one:confused:
 
Back
Top