AIW 9800 & Zalman ZM 80C

mwalt2

Weaksauce
Will the Zalman ZM 80C fit on the AIW 9800 Pro? I can't seem to find it on the Zalman website. It looks like there is enough room for it to clear the tv-tuner, but I would like to make sure before I buy one. Also, anybody have any other suggestions for a QUIET gpu cooler for a AIW 9800? Thanks.

If you are going for a non-gamer quiet system, then the Zalman would be good, but if you put a load on the graphics card the zalman gets way hot, unless you put a fan on it.

The ZM80C is much like the ZM80A (different color and standoffs) from the look of it, there's also a 80mm fan you can buy for it. Mine I used the 80A variant and affixed an enermax 80mm variable speed fan to it. With the fan, it is a very good heatsink for keeping temps close to ambient.

Linkage to the Zalman site: http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/ZM80C-HP.htm

oblique.JPG

Yeah, I'll buy the optional fan with it. Anybody else have any ideas?

I have one on my 9800pro (not AIW) with optional fan, and it looks like it could probably clear the TV tuner. I would contact Zalman if possible.

As a cooling solution, it is quite awesome. The fan on my 9800pro was dying and I had to replace it with something. It has been rock solid ever since, although I've never tried overclocking.

Yes... it WILL fit, even with ramsinks on THE FRONT OF THE CARD, but dont put sinks on the back or your screwed :(. I found out the hard way [crys]

Originally posted by RagingSamster
The ZM80C is much like the ZM80A (different color and standoffs) from the look of it, there's also a 80mm fan you can buy for it. Mine I used the 80A variant and affixed an enermax 80mm variable speed fan to it. With the fan, it is a very good heatsink for keeping temps close to ambient.

Linkage to the Zalman site: http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/ZM80C-HP.htm

the new 80c-hp is a much better design and allows alot more airflow
4.jpg

zalman allows recommends that you use the fan on anything over 9800
when i had it on my gf4 it got really hot so just use the fan :)

Originally posted by DoggyDaddi
Yes... it WILL fit, even with ramsinks on THE FRONT OF THE CARD, but dont put sinks on the back or your screwed :(. I found out the hard way [crys]

There is actually just enough room for the little ramsinks ATI supplied on the 9800 256 ddr2 but make sure the fan is blowing down that little gap!

Back