AIW 8500 Question

jpnelson83

Gawd
I have an ATI Radeon 8500 AIW 128MB and there is a pin headder on it. There are four pins and for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is there and what is it for. I couldn't find anything in the owners manual or online about it so if anyone knows or could point me in the generall direction for an answer that would be great. Thanks guys.

Take a picture and I'll answer your question if I can.

You didn't even say where on the card it is, come on!

I didn't think it would matter where on the card it was, but if it helps its near where you would plug in the the video in. Looks like an S-Video jack but not, same kind of style. The tuner portion of the card is also right there.

1019947542zUSQKpbrg0_1_11_l.jpg

Hope this helps.

i dont know if this will help you or not....but have those on my ati tv wonder card. They are used for audio. Does it have any lable around it?

I thought about that but I don't remember seeing anything audioesque written arround it. I'll have to take a closer look next time I have it out.

I agree about it being for audio. I had an old all-in-wonder pro with the same plug, and it was for hooking up a sound card internally. Whether it's for the same thing on that card I don't know.

Yes... its the CD Audio plug for internal soundcard link. I believe it's 'J-2'(?) on the card?

so i'm supposed to plug an audio cable from that to me MB or sound card and plug it into where I would put the one for Audio from a CD-Rom?

Originally posted by jpnelson83
so i'm supposed to plug an audio cable from that to me MB or sound card and plug it into where I would put the one for Audio ...

AIW to Audio in on sound card ... most cards and onboard solutions have at least 2 inputs ...

so if i do that will it allow me to bypass the line out input that goes form the video out cable to the line-in input of my sound card?

Back