Ah crap...

ATH025

Limp Gawd
Hey hey. Alrite so today I was messing around with my comp, in hopes of being able to overclock it. I checked the motherboard's manual to see which jumpers I can change to increase/decrease the bus speed. I change the right one, but I when I checked the speeds, my processor went from 2100 to 1600. So, I turned the comp off, and set everything back to normal, but the speed stayed the same. I have noticed a decrease in performance also, and I was using dxdiag to check speeds. Don't flame too much, I'm really not in the mood right now.

I love posts that begin with Ah crap!:p
Been there:eek:
List your system specs

Go into bios and set your fsb to 133 - should be in advanced chipset features or something similar.

Unplug the ATX power from your board. Then reset the cmos via a jumper located on the board, or by pulling the battery for a while. That should reset everything to the way it was before.

Good luck!

lmao...omg someone slap me... I took the side panel off again to look at the problem.. I didn't put the jumper back on the right way, it was only hooked onto one pin instead of 2 :p . Wow, thanks for not being dicks though :D . I do have another, and even more annoying problem though. Seems like every time I go on the internet (high speed dsl sympatico), it stops loading things after like 20 minutes. It only started doing this AFTER I began messing around with jumpers (i forgot to mention, by the way, that I changed a jumper that cleared my bios, but I put it back to normal). My system specs - AMD athlon xp 2600+ running at 2100mhz, 512mb DDR ram, 120gig hard drive, 128mb Geforce FX 5200, if it helps. ANYONE THAT SOLVES THE INTERNET PROBLEM I WILL BOW DOWN TO FOREVER :(

EDIT - Oh yea and everything is working normal, other than the internet thing. I also forgot to mention, the only way I am fixing that problem right now is by restarting my computer.

Originally posted by ATH025
lmao...omg someone slap me... I took the side panel off again to look at the problem.. I didn't put the jumper back on the right way, it was only hooked onto one pin instead of 2 :p . Wow, thanks for not being dicks though :D . I do have another, and even more annoying problem though. Seems like every time I go on the internet (high speed dsl sympatico), it stops loading things after like 20 minutes. It only started doing this AFTER I began messing around with jumpers (i forgot to mention, by the way, that I changed a jumper that cleared my bios, but I put it back to normal). My system specs - AMD athlon xp 2600+ running at 2100mhz, 512mb DDR ram, 120gig hard drive, 128mb Geforce FX 5200, if it helps. ANYONE THAT SOLVES THE INTERNET PROBLEM I WILL BOW DOWN TO FOREVER :(

EDIT - Oh yea and everything is working normal, other than the internet thing. I also forgot to mention, the only way I am fixing that problem right now is by restarting my computer.

"Got virus?"
I don't know, this doesn't sound like an overclocking problem anymore. More like software/internet-specific hardware.

Back