Aero "Magically" Turns off?

After only a few months of using my new computer that I recieved for Christmas, '07, I had grown fond to the new Windows Vista Aero Interface and used it with no problem whatsoever. However, only a few days ago did it just turn off on me and I checked the following:

• My graphics rating
  • Themes and battery life
  • And all that other jazz...

And after reviewing those options, Those WERE NOT the problem because my battery was fully charged and plugged in. My hardware rating for it meets the minimum requirements, and that is not the problem, either. I have read the forums on the Microsoft website and some people claim that it is java-based apps or other apps such as Quicktime that causes the problem. Can someone backup these claims, or solve my problem a different way?

Thanks.

After only a few months of using my new computer that I recieved for Christmas, '07, I had grown fond to the new Windows Vista Aero Interface and used it with no problem whatsoever. However, only a few days ago did it just turn off on me and I checked the following:

• My graphics rating
  • Themes and battery life
  • And all that other jazz...

And after reviewing those options, Those WERE NOT the problem because my battery was fully charged and plugged in. My hardware rating for it meets the minimum requirements, and that is not the problem, either. I have read the forums on the Microsoft website and some people claim that it is java-based apps or other apps such as Quicktime that causes the problem. Can someone backup these claims, or solve my problem a different way?

Thanks.

Many applications will be viewed by Windows as "incompatible" with Aero, and it will stepdown from Aero to the next level. Usually you get a warning box that this has happened.

odd, but check to see what depth your color depth is set to (display properties) I had a few issues on one of my computers when waking up from sleep mode it would revert to 16bit which would turn aero off.

When a java based website loads, it will switch vista to basic mode, which shuts off aero. See if there's the java tray icon, and if so, completely close your internet browser and see if it returns to the original theme.

i can use aero and java at the same time. i know the divx web player kills it though.

Just a dumb suggestion on something to check. Did your power settings get changed? If Vista is running in power saver mode it will switch to the basic UI automatically rather than Aero.

When a java based website loads, it will switch vista to basic mode, which shuts off aero. See if there's the java tray icon, and if so, completely close your internet browser and see if it returns to the original theme.

I have checked that and there are no java applications running. I might have to check my Task Manager and shutdown some programs running there that are java-based

Just a dumb suggestion on something to check. Did your power settings get changed? If Vista is running in power saver mode it will switch to the basic UI automatically rather than Aero.

My power settings are unscaved - still on HP Reccomended, which is also the "Balanced" power plan

Back