Adware,Spyware and Trojans, oh my!

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
:eek:Well, I was doing something bad today and I'd tell you what is was but we can't say that word in the forums. Anyway, I got 2 viruses (one a trojan) and 125 problems (adware/spyware) found by Ad-Aware and Spyware combined.

Basically, I turned my computer back on this evening after my adventures this afternoon and got asked some permissions from ZoneAlarm that I've never seen before and VirusScan kept asking what to do with a Trojan every 3-4 minutes it seemed like and I kept saying delete. This kept going on during me frantically running VirusScan and then Ad-Aware to get rid of this crap.

VirusScan found a virus in C:/MyDownloads and this:

Downloader-ER, BlazeFind.Bridge >> C:\windows\temp\bridge.exe, also found at:
c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll

Ad-Aware found this:
2 Processes Identified
53 Registry Keys Identified
12 Registry Values Identified
46 Files Identified
3 Folders Identified

Ad-Aware files deleted were:
WinFavorites
MoneyTree
StopPop
istbar
DyFuCA
180Solutions
Bargain Buddy
Internet Optimizer
c:\windows\system\a.exe
msbb
PossibleBrowserHijackAttempt

Upon reboot, Ad-Aware deleted:
c:\windows\bi.dll
c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll

Then I deleted my temp directory, temp. internet files and history and rebooted.

Ad-Aware then found:
4 registry keys
1 registry value
1 File

SpyBot found:
3 problems

I then ran VirusScan again and it found nothing and Ad-Aware found nothing as well.

Let this be a lesson to me and anyone else reading this. It's just not worth it! :cool:

geebus :eek:

lol.. u may wanna try running Spy Sweeper and Trendmicro's Online virus scanner and Hijackthis (used to see stuff attached to IE)

I believe ad-aware is a little nuts. It seems to identify every cookie, even if it's legit, as spyware.

It's usually not as bad as ad-aware depicts it to be.

Yours wasn't that bad. I checked a slow computer out for a person. AdWare found 850 items of spyware. Spybot found another 45 items. I removed two virus's. Then I removed three hijack programs. roflma

So count yourself as lucky with that small amount.

I have had a few people bring in computers to me that were just full of spyware and trojans. I always ask them how they get so many and there response is I don't know:confused: It is a shame there is so much junk out there that is designed to slow down your computer and make your computer experience like a migrane headache. Oh well without those people and there problems I would be without a job.

Back