adding 90 degree molex to modular line work?

kqt2ktval

n00b
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
10
I have an Antec p160 case with four hard drive facing the back. To make everything look nice and clean, I would like to add two 90 degree molex connector to one of the molex lines. If I purchase a module power supply. Can that one line handle two more molex connectors. I ask becaseu I heard modular power supply may not deliver enough juice for a single line. Modular will clean up my cables, but I will most likely be using them all five connectors excluding PCI-e.. (still running AGP)

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I think I am.
 
kqt2ktval said:
I ask becaseu I heard modular power supply may not deliver enough juice for a single line.

:(

The modular connectors of some power supplies actually provide upwards of 150W to two PCI-e connectors. I think the mere 35W your hard drive requires is a drop in the bucket. ;)
 
jonnyGURU said:
:(

The modular connectors of some power supplies actually provide upwards of 150W to two PCI-e connectors. I think the mere 35W your hard drive requires is a drop in the bucket. ;)

Kool thanks, I think I will go for modular.. Now either Corsair or Seasonic s-12 600 (<<, is this modular) I know "M" stand for modular but some websites has this as modular.. I think I will opt fo the sesonic becuase adding 90 degree molex is easier.. since the corsair have thick plastics over their wire. Any other suggestions?
 
The m-12 is modular, not the s-12

Also, the corsair is actually manufacturered by seasonic, so it comes down to how you like either. i personally have the m-12 and its excellent.
 
Back
Top