Add a new PSU ?

orion42

n00b
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
2
Hi !

I'm Marc , a French student in university and I have a little problem...

I bought a dell T5400 in auction on ebay, works perfect, I work a lot on GNU/Linux Debian and I'm a win7 user (just for games :D :D sorry Stallman :D).

But I would like to increase a little my computer.

I have 2 Xeon E5450 @3,2GHz, with Noctua Fans cooler, in cooler master HAF 932 Case, with a MSI GTX 560Ti. :D

imgp0001x.jpg


And I would like to put a second GTX 560 Ti in.
But Dell T5400 PSU (800W) is quite different than standard ATX. :eek:
I'm afraid PSU is not enough powerful to supply this SLI.

I can put 2 PSUs in HAF 932 case, so I would like to use a second PSU to supply the SLI, and maybe a future watercooling.

Do you think is possible ? Did you have some scheme to add another PSU ?
And maybe a last question :D, I read 771 socket is like 604. But watercooling for 604 is hardest to find! Do you know some universals blocks that fit well ? :cool::confused:

Sorry for my poor english ... :rolleyes:
 
you'll be fine thyat dell psu is likely a delta or a server grade psu which will be fine for sli 560's

delta makes some of the best antec have to offer
 
ok I will try just with my DELL PSU, to supply the SLI, in case is not powerful I find the solution to add another PSU. :cool:
Thanks a lot,
 
Back
Top