Ad-Aware SE 1.06 is out

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
It says 30% faster and can scan for low index files. Seems to me they should have been scanning for ALL spyware since day 1. oh well.

Anyone used it yet? I just installed it and scanned my computer. Just as i suspected, no adware, except maybe some cookies. Didnt seem any faster. I was hoping it would find something that 1.05 missed. Oh well. Anyone else have any comments on this program?

I actually posted about it at another forum earlier today, but I got sidetracked and didn;t download it yet. Going to download it now.

Just used it and it does seem more responsive, but it found nothing. Not even tracking cookies.

I didn't notice it being any faster/more responsive.

But, Ad-aware has become more and more useless as time goes on it seems like. :(

KoolDrew said:
Just used it and it does seem more responsive, but it found nothing. Not even tracking cookies.
it found 8 tracking cookies for me

astern said:

But, Ad-aware has become more and more useless as time goes on it seems like. :(

how so? i find it continues to be an essential part of my "Holy CD of Cleasning"

Downloaded it. Works well over here. Can't tell any differences from this version and the last though. A great and must have utility for my computer.

Like most members here, I have a multi-program spyware/adware.virus/trojan protection and have blockers on malicious pop up/over/under malwares, so there isn't that much for Ad-Aware to find anymore except for the ever present tracking cookies. It's not that Ad-Aware isn't working, the fact is that it worked too well :cool:

astern said:

okay, now i'm having some problems--i installed it on an old (p2 450 Dell) machine that's running Win98 First Edition--whenever i try to run it it hangs...sometime i can get to Task Manager and delete it, sometimes it's so bad i have to restart.

does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

the rest of the system seems rock stable to me (except for the piece of shit Philips PCRW804 CD Burner i can't get to work :mad: )

Back