Active x killbits

benbosquared

Lurker
Ok long story short, I work for a company that sells av software and i work for the support. Our software takes care of windows updates but for some odd reason the developers don't do all the high priority updates for windows. The updates we do are Critical Security patches.
The past 2 months have been hell having to deal with Av2008-2009 and those viruses.
I came across an update that is active x kill bits kb953839. We are not installing it with the updates.To my understanding this helps IE not get hijacked by known active x controls that are malicious in nature. But the development team wants some hard information before they will release it knowing that it will help cut down on theses cases. Because with our software we offer free virus removals to our users that get infected with our software installed. I'm just asking anyone if you can give me some hard information that this stops the virus form hijacking the browser and not allowing the user to close any of the IE windows. Thanks in Advance.

Back