Acronis Startup Recovery Manager

PTNL

Supreme [H]ardness
My company wants a quick way for customers to restore their computer to how it was when it arrived at their location. Something similar to the HP/Compaq machines with their restore partition is desired.

It looks like Acronis has a feature called Startup Recovery Manager that may work. This is the link I read through:
http://www.acronis.com/company/inpress/2007/03-15-boot-loader-3.html
(The "Plan B" section in particular.)

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience to share about this feature?

Acronis is a great program to use for what you're asking about. It obviously has the features for imaging, but most importantly, it offers incremental backups. You can create the image of the initial state of the PC and of course restore to that if necessary, but you can also set schedules to perform incremental backups. The program will only backup the portions that have been altered instead of filling your server with redundant full images. The images do take some time to revert to but if you're looking for a cheap and efficient option for a SoHo then I would say to definitely go with Acronis.

I use Paragon think they have similar.

I use Acronis as well, but only for cloning drives and such. I use Paragon to do Universal Restore or Adaptive Restore.

Good information so far, keep it coming!

I'll look at Paragon's documentation, too.

Back