Access ext3 from XP x64?

ScarsUnseen

Weaksauce
Hola,

I'm currently dual-booting Windows XP x64 and Ubuntu 7.10. I can read/write my Windows XP x64 partition from Ubuntu (ext3), but not vice-versa. Does anyone have any idea how I can read/write my Ubuntu partition from XP x64? I tried the software from http://www.fs-driver.org/ but it isn't compatible with x64.

Much thx,
Jaime

I use this: http://www.ext2fsd.com/ driver for reading/writing

Supporting OS:

1, 32 bits: Windows 2000, windows xp, windows 2003
64 bits: Windows xp, windows 2003
2, NT4 system is no longer supported.
3, Vista: you need disable system's driver signature checking

edit: oops, as pointed out below, I really should read the post & drink caffeine before posting. :)

Hmm... I was fiddling around with Acronis Disk Director and I managed to read/write successfully but it's a pain in the butt. It's like trying to see a whole computer using a really tiny Explorer window. I'm trying to find something that's similar to browsing seamlessly through any normal WIndows folder. Any ideas?

I haven't figured out a way yet. I have been looking for a while too. Currently I run xp 32 bit in vmware to access what I need from my linux partitions while I am in vista x64. Cumbersome and painful to be sure, but as of now, I know no other way. Reading ntfs from linux is a trivial matter though.

@eeyrjmr

thanks for having such a funny sig. Every time I see you post I get a good laugh.

I actually have no problems at all reading or writing my XP x64 NTFS partition from Linux. Maybe it depends on the distribution. I have no idea. I'm new to Linux land. =)

I actually have no problems at all reading or writing my XP x64 NTFS partition from Linux. Maybe it depends on the distribution. I have no idea. I'm new to Linux land. =)

yea thats what I was saying. It is reading ext3/reiserfs from windows x64 that is problematic.

please read the OP, R/W of Linux-Ex2/3 from Windows is in question, NOT R/W of Windows-NTFS from Linux

please read the OP, R/W of Linux-Ex2/3 from Windows is in question, NOT R/W of Windows-NTFS from Linux

no need to be all caps dude, just a misunderstanding. My fault for mentioning that it was easy to do it the other way around

no need to be all caps dude, just a misunderstanding. My fault for mentioning that it was easy to do it the other way around

o_O The only thing explicitly put in caps for emphasis was NOT, anything else is because they are Acronyms and thus should be in cap's

OP == Original Post
R/W == Read/Write
NTFS == New Technology File System

So you statement of "no need to be all caps dude" is
1) completely wrong because it wasn't all in caps, quite alot in lower-case
2) Things had to be in caps due to being Acronyms

leaving your complaint over... one word

Goooooo YOU!!!!!

mom always told me disassociatives and late night forum posting doesn't mix. I suppose I should have listened. I love hardforum too.

Back