Absolutely BEST aircooling POLL

BEST AIRCOOLER

• Total voters
Zero82z said:
Ah, missed that part of your post. With Thermalright heatsinks, you get the best performance with high-flow fans since they use very closely-spaced fins. I recommend you get a fan that pushes at least 60CFM for the best results. You won't need a high-flow fan, but you will get much better performance with one.
The Scythe S-Flex model F should flow ~67 CFM at 12V IIRC. Naturally I will keep it turned down most of the time, but it is nice to know that the capability is there. Thank you for the advice.

Jodiuh said:
Not good enough for me. Especially when I've owned the Ninja AND the Tuniq. The Tuniq did a MUCH better job than 1C and it did it quietly (my own fan). Perhaps the 9700 does cool well w/ it's fan at full bore, but I have no desire for a vacuum cleaner in my pc. :D

That's true, the zalman 9700 DOES spin something like 40% faster then the tuniq. So I guess... that's cheating
:p they just got a fast fan.

Thermalright Ultra 120 or HR-01
I just ordered an Ultra 120. It's Frosty Tech's favorite Air cooler, so I think its time I give it a shot.

I sold an HR 01 to an overclocker on an FX 57 I think. He never told me how much extra he was able to get out of his system but over the stock air cooler, but over the stock atholon air cooler, it woulda been quieter and cooler.

Thermalright XP-90c or XP120
Havnt worked with either of these, but good design from what i've seen. XP 90 provides some frosty temps at stock speeds and a fair ammount of OC head room. XP 120 is definatly an overclocker. It seems to me it would be good for the Striker Extreme as it would supply lots of air to the NB, and Voltage regulator coolers.

Thermalright Sl 120 / Sl 128
Never worked with either of these. Nothing comes to mind when you posted them, and I was just about to go to thermalrights site to find out but, I have nothing to really contribute.

Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Oh, got one of these on clearance for a great price. performed reasonably well. just like the XP 90 it kept the CPU frosty at the time (sorry i cant remember model). also the little air direction thing to give the CPU voltage regulators cool is a neato feature imho.

Scythe Ninja
Suprisingly I havnt worked with one of these yet.

Scythe Infinity
Nor one of these, or for that matter, I have worked with few scythe products.

Zalman CNPS9500 LED
Ahh, this is a great looking cooler isnt it? the black copper (or nickle coverd copper, still dont have an answer to this one) w/ the Nvidia sticker looks really cool, imho. Its too bad you dont get a good look at it when your PC is running. While it performs well, it could be a fair bit more efficient.

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu or Fatal1ty
Oh man, this thing has a huge ammount of clearance issues. Iv seen a few used in mods at this forum, and I've worked with two, BOTH had clearance issues, one with the PSU, and another with the North bridge cooler.

Zalman 9700 LED
Oh wait a minute this gets a differant place from 9500? no fair. well, bigger and badder then the 9500, it has pretty much all the cons and pros of the 9500, just bigger, so its a little cooler. With this one, suprisingly, no clearance issues yet.

Other - please post other in thread
Umm mentionables are Thermaltake Big Typhoon. Keeps everything frosty but i cant help but think that just because its a thermaltake its poorly designed. I mean, its good because its huge. No other reason. Simple design + bigness + 120mm fan = low temps.

Back