• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

? about SLI / Widescreen Gaming

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
Ok folks, I recently purchased a new machine. I kept my Apple 23" HD Display. I want to go ahead and purchase another GF7800GTX card to plug in.

I am curious if SLI/Widescreen gaming bug is still going on? They have been working on this for a year now.

ANy luck with anyone with Nvidia recent driver release?

Thanks
 
bump cuz i wanna know/never heard of this bug and thought the reason people went to sli was to play at mega high resolutions with i candy and still run smooth, most of the time being widescreen. hehe :confused:
 
You're in luck!

This combination actually works in SLI w/ the 7800GTX.

Tons of problems with the 6800 Ultras and before but they fixed the bug in the latest/greatest. That's the way it goes, I guess... nVIDIA didn't want to fix it for the old cards.
 
From eVGA,

The 7800 GTX has one DVI output with Dual Link (DL) TMDS capable of 2560 x 1600 Digital Resolution (Apple 30" Cinema Display).

The 2nd DVI port has been capable of 1920 x 1200 Digital Resolution (Dell 24" Display and Apple 23" Cinema Display)

So you could have 1 x 30" plus 1 x 23" Cinema Displays running at the same time.
 
Back
Top