Abit IC 7 MAX 3

I have a Max 3 w/ Swiftech NB cooler on Ebay right now. search under 1kg24. Also Intel 3.2 prescott. I had no problems with the board at all. Never ran hot (Zalman 120mm cooler) helped that out. I just built an AMD system and I am going to the dark side. :D
NB cooler was loud, but it still worked. Never got around to putting on the swiftech.
Great board, but the AMD system was cheaper, faster and cooler.

phatjedi said:
I have a Max 3 w/ Swiftech NB cooler on Ebay right now. search under 1kg24. Also Intel 3.2 prescott. I had no problems with the board at all. Never ran hot (Zalman 120mm cooler) helped that out. I just built an AMD system and I am going to the dark side. :D
NB cooler was loud, but it still worked. Never got around to putting on the swiftech.
Great board, but the AMD system was cheaper, faster and cooler.

LMAO..I bid on that but was outbid pretty quickly :) I also sent you an Email ......Wish we coulda worked something out.....
:D

dekard said:
How much did that mobo close for?

didnt close yet......I might just grab it up if I can....I already got one from here today....But I'm sure I can find a use for 2 :)

I didn't do any mods to the board, was running 1.65v to the proc and 2.8 to the vdimm. 2 80mm fans blowing across the hard drive circulating air over the board.

I suppose it could be the PSU, but how would I know? I somehow doubt it, its a quality antec truepower 550 unit. Why would that set the board on fire? don't PSUs usually just die?

I am not sure how to approach this. I want to test the processor and determine if it is still good. if not, why spend money on another socket 475 board when I can upgrade to A64 or something and get pci express and a 7800...

sheesh... I just bought a new car and I'm working on a new house.. don't really have the money to spend right now.. why's this shit gotta happen at bad timing

"you are totally the unluckiest person on these boards and i totally feel bad for you." -- Dekard, in reference to me

j\k.. timing is everything..

Astroman said:
I didn't do any mods to the board, was running 1.65v to the proc and 2.8 to the vdimm. 2 80mm fans blowing across the hard drive circulating air over the board.

I suppose it could be the PSU, but how would I know? I somehow doubt it, its a quality antec truepower 550 unit. Why would that set the board on fire? don't PSUs usually just die?

I am not sure how to approach this. I want to test the processor and determine if it is still good. if not, why spend money on another socket 475 board when I can upgrade to A64 or something and get pci express and a 7800...

sheesh... I just bought a new car and I'm working on a new house.. don't really have the money to spend right now.. why's this shit gotta happen at bad timing

I had my 2.6 at 3.4 for a while on water. I recently reinstalled windows and have yet to play with the OC since. It's a great oard, but it took me forever to get it to work with intel's SATAchip working in normal IDE with the other two ide channels on. I'm currently using two drives in RAID 1 and loving it-- the access times are certainly shorter. The board has a lot of advantages, a lot of every kind of amenity really-- but beware, I havent been on teh market latley so I don' know if it's the trend but it's got now paralell or serial ports (which is neat) if you wanna use old hardware with it.

My IC7-Max3's <-Click for Overclocking Stats

Computer.jpg

C2.JPG

lots of you seem to be selling or replacing youre boards and i am also interested in buying one so if anyone wants to sell to me pm me

I have this board. Its feature list is very impressive with all the extra packed on this board. I've been having some bootup and memory or power issues with my system, but I really doubt its due to the board. Anyway questions:

Is the onboard sound really that bad? I have an Audigy 1 sitting around, should I use that in place of the onboard? Also someone mentioned using Audigy2 drivers on Audigy 1? How? Thanks.

Yep, I love my IC7-Max3. Between it and my 1GB 3200XL Corsair RAM, I was able to get my P4 3.0GHz Northwood easily up to 3.45GHz with 2-3-3-6 timings and minimal voltage increase. It's sitting in the closet right now, however, because of my recent upgrade and is waiting in the wings to become my (live-in) girlfriend's computer.

If you can find one of these boards, I highly recommend it!

H

P.S. I too had to oil its NB fan (not to be confused with its OTES fan) about once a month for its last two-three months. And that was after replacing it altogether with an Abit replacement a few months prior. The fan is the same as the one on the Abit IS7. And it wears out quickly.

Hands down that has to be the best 478 mobo, period. I have ran one for quite a while with no problems at all. The 2.4c I first had in there would hit 3.0, no problem on stock voltage, and the 3.0c that is in there now, runs at 3.6... Never once had a bluescreen. I found the OTES to be a little on the cheezey/noisy/excessive side, but a great board none the less!

only excessive if you run air cooling, my water cooled setup would reach 80C on the fets without the otes, never had the orig otes fan, i use a undervolted sunon instead so its prob better then stock

hey does anyone have a secure ide that theyre not using cus i have 2 ide drives asnd it only comes with one so pm me

better solution, get a hot swap bay and put it in a safe, nothing beats that you have to reboot the computer either way if memory serves me right

Wow,

This thread is back from the dead LOL. My board is still running strong. It's been at 250 Mhz FSB for lord knows how long...... My first build was an AOPEN AX4C Max. It had voltage problems and was RMA'd. Second board the same. Then I got the MAX3. Great piece of gear.

Still patiently waiting to upgrade to PCI-E.

Scroatdog said:
Wow,

This thread is back from the dead LOL. My board is still running strong. It's been at 250 Mhz FSB for lord knows how long...... My first build was an AOPEN AX4C Max. It had voltage problems and was RMA'd. Second board the same. Then I got the MAX3. Great piece of gear.

Still patiently waiting to upgrade to PCI-E.
You've got some awesome hardware there, no wonder you are waiting to upgrade.

no reason for me to upgrade yet either, the max3 and the gt at the clocks i got it at has no problems doing anything i want it to, shame i have tccd thats been proven to go past 300 fsb, maybe some day ill get the chance to get a cpu that can get that high a fsb without sacraficing core speed

Back