AACS LA Confirms HD/Blu-ray Hacks

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Last weekend news was filtering in that HD and Blu-ray copy protection was being circumvented. It now appears an official statement has been made from AACS confirming the situation[/URL].

Such unauthorized disclosures indicate an attack on one or more players sold by AACS licensees. This development is limited to the compromise of specific implementations, and does not represent an attack on the AACS system itself, nor is it exclusive to any particular format. Instead it illustrates the need for all AACS licensees to follow the Compliance and Robustness Rules set forth in the AACS license agreements to help ensure that product implementations are not compromised.

You Build it, someone will hack it! the stronger you advertise it being the more people will try and break it.
I believe the only reason why you have not heard of attacks on OS 10 and you hear about them for windows is not cause windowshas more holes its because it is just a bigger target and alot more people are focusing there attacks towards Windows, as OS 10 gains more popularity we have starting seeing more holes exploited with it, and will continue to do so.
I think the best way to implement any security feature is to do it quitly so as not to draw any attention to yourself, but this was not possible with the New Movie formats as it was a huge target before even being implemented!

this happened some time ago, HDDVD's especially have been popping up left right and center

Great, glad my CPU cycles will be horribly wasted in the new age of DRM and HDCP.

Back