A8N premium users chime-in please

RegisteredToPost

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
309
Just curious who's running this board? Who is overclocking, what cpu and most importantly. How are you guys cooling the chipset? I have an otperon 175 clocked to 2.66. The chipset jumps up to 50-55 or so, dual priming. Smartguardian shows this as a dangerous temperature. This has made me a little worried. I'm not sure what the operating temperature is, but i'd like it to be lower.

The bottom part of the heatsink gets quite warm, should i put a fan on that or at the sink up by the cpu socket? Take the heatpipe off completely and put a socket-A cooler on it? :p

I just dont like the chipset temperature that high. I never did check what it does stock, but it cant be that high. Input welcome
 
I'm using the same board for my opty 170. Are you sure that's the chipset temp? Seems very high. My CPU temp used to be at those temps but my chipset temp never goes above 32C. Do you have the board installed upside down ie. Lian Li case? I hear there are chipset heat issues if you have it installed upside down. As far as fans are concerned, I think you can remove the heatpipe and install a fan but I don't see how this would leave enough room for your video card. It's a pretty tight fit for me. What software are you using for temp montoring?
 
its mounted standard, with 4 extra case fans. Did you test the temp while dual priming? Everything is fine until i dual prime.

Smart guardian is reporting the chipset higher than the cpu under a load, i wonder if the temps are mis-labeled. I wonder if asusprobe would report the same thing. Do asus utilities monitor the chipset temp?
 
RegisteredToPost said:
its mounted standard, with 4 extra case fans. Did you test the temp while dual priming? Everything is fine until i dual prime.

Smart guardian is reporting the chipset higher than the cpu under a load, i wonder if the temps are mis-labeled. I wonder if asusprobe would report the same thing. Do asus utilities monitor the chipset temp?

Yes, asus probe monitors the chipset temp also. Give it a shot. And when I dual prime, my chipset temp does not exceed 32C. My CPU temp is another story though. Give the asus probe a shot. I didn't load the one that came with the mb software. I found a different version of probe on the net but either will work the same. good luck!
 
Really? I'm currently at work so I can't check for myself but I believe I'm using Asus probe2 and I'm able to monitor my chipset temps. I'll check again when I get home.
 
Back
Top