A64 Motherboard?

Sentinel_1

n00b
I'm currently digging through the forums for information on good motherboards for an A64 3000+ (and ram too perhaps) but since the site search function is disabled it's slow going.

What is the current motherboard and ram of choice for a system based around the Athlon 64 3000+?

overclocking choices are nice to have but performance and stability is better... all 3 great!

back to digging through forums..

I'm running an ASUS K8V Deluxe and I've not tried overclocking but at full load it gets to 39 degrees C on a thermaltake silentboost cooler thats only 21 dba. Ram I am running 2 sticks of 256 pc-3200 level 2 memory from mushkin. I don't seem to having and computer problems but i think im having problems with my psu, damn antec but whatever. so thats my recomendation!

I'm also running the Asus K8V, with 2x512 pc3200 XMS. Overclocked to 2.1ghz rock solid. I have not tried to go any higher because of my 9600xt. When the new video cards come out I will try for more. Great board, lots of features.

Great boards for sure, but not that great for overclocking. If you're going to overclock, grab the Shuttle AN50-R. It's got an AGP lock on it or if you have an Nvidia card, don't worry about it. One thing I'll give props to Nvidia for, their cards can handle some funky AGP speeds. My old TI4200 would do 90mhz AGP speed!

I have the Gigabyte GA-K8VNXP and she's been stable as can be for nearly 8 weeks. Absolutely zero problems!

uh.. well.. except for that time I overclocked her FSB all the way to 230.
comp16.gif

Back