A weird problem with my mouse

spigmatic

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I run a pentium 4 2.4 ghz on an Abit It7 mobo, I have 512 ddr pc2700 ram and windows XP home, using a radeon 8500. I use a wireless intellimouse explorer. Recently I have noticed some problems with my mouse, both in games and within windows. The problem is, my mouse doesnt like to work in certain monitor resolutions.

In 1280x1024 (the monitors max resolution) the mouse runs fine, smooth, fast, and with no lag or choppiness.

1280x960 produces the same results

1280x768 the mouse does not respond at all, it wont even move and I am unable to right or left click.

1152x864 there is also nothing.

1024x768 the mouse responds but is very slow, it lags, chops all over the screen, and is basically unusable

800x600 it runs smoother than the rest, but still chops and is not as smooth as 1280x1024.

The mouse has also chopped and is horrible in many different games, incuding Rise of Nations and LOMAC. Now the mouse just blinks and barely moves in games. Im really not certain what the problem is, I have heard everything from a direct x problem to not having enough ram. All of my drivers are updated, and I have the latest version of direct x. This is a new problem to my computer, and I cant figure out whats causing all of this. If anyone could help it would be great.

Thank you.

Back