a way to auto login a second user/vista (and run magic jack software there)..

markm75

Gawd
Does anyone know of a way, in Vista x64 (using terminal services hack, so i can login 2 diff users at once)... to make it, so when the first user logs in on windows startup, i can automatically have the second userid log in (and run an app)..

Basically i'm trying to find a way to do this, so i can run the magicjack application under this second id, instead of the first, so it doesnt popup when playing games or other full screen apps (upon getting phone calls)..

I'm guessing this isnt possible, but figured i'd ask ..

Thanks

You don't have to do any hack to allow multiple users at once if you just want the software to run in the background. Just create a second user, log in as that user and set up the Magicjack software for that user.

Then create a scheduled task that runs at startup using the same command line that Magicjack puts in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for that user. Specify that the scheduled task run as that user. I specify a 1 minute delay before startup on the scheduled task I use. With this method, you can't switch to the other user's session to use the caller id function of the software.

The unofficial Magicjack forum has a lot of differnt tips for running as a service and whatnot: http://www.magicjacksupport.com/

Back