A side benefit of Quicksync encoding

westrock2000

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
9,673
Since Quicksync is a seperate part from the CPU, when you use Quicksync acceleration to encode the CPU usage is quite low. On my i7 3770, its about 15-20% using Arcsoft MediaConverter 7.5. Normally this is nice because you can encode a movie but you can still use the computer like normal.

But if you have multiple optical drives or your encoding from files, you can then start up a CPU encoder like Handbrake and let it encode at the same time.

By doing this I can encode 2 DVD's to h264 in about 15 minutes. Or since I have 3 optical drives I can have Quicksync encode a BluRay while Handbrake queue's up 2 DVD's (or visa versa).

Just something to think about if your looking to upgrade :cool:
 
Does quick sync result in quality degradation like when you use a GPU to encode video?
 
Back
Top