A question about manufacturers..

jack9800XT

Weaksauce
Ok I have been out of the loop in pc hardware since before the advent of 3d acceleration
and am wondering if their is a large difference in gpu manufacturers providing the same card.
I plan on buying an x800 pro and the place where I intend on buying it carries only
POWERCOLOR flavours of x800 pro.

To shorten things up I am asking is their any REAL difference between the different companies?

jack9800XT said:
Ok I have been out of the loop in pc hardware since before the advent of 3d acceleration
and am wondering if their is a large difference in gpu manufacturers providing the same card.
I plan on buying an x800 pro and the place where I intend on buying it carries only
POWERCOLOR flavours of x800 pro.

To shorten things up I am asking is their any REAL difference between the different companies?

main difference is the bundles that each company puts out wiht the card and the warrenty. other than that most companies produce cards that perform about the same. but there are other little modifications they can do though. for example the HIS x800 pro Ice has a bigger cooler than the stock ati card

Back