• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

A dying power supply?...

Quake

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
204
I just noticed that when I turn of my computer, I hear this high pitch electrical sound coming from the power supply.
Does this mean that I'll have to replace it soon or is it nothing to worry about?

Btw, it's an Aopen 300W.
 
If it's a hiss or whine, it could be the mains filter caps.

If it's a slight buzz, it could be the main transformer.

Either way, that's a noise you shouldn't hear. Even a buzz coming from the transformer is something I only hear if the power supply is under heavy load... not in stand by.
 
Back
Top