A Case like the new Omen

shaden79

n00b
anyone know of a case similar to the new voodoo omen? sleek, good looking and extremely quiet (none of that unnecessary "bling"). i have fallen in love with that case ever since voodoo unveiled it a little while back but i don't really have the resources to put down 10 thousand dollars on a computer. i would love to buy the case separately and would probably be willing to pay for it (up to a point) but of course Voodoo doesn't sell them separately. i know some of the older voodoo cases have had retail counter parts is that true for the new version as well? if not, are there any other cases that are somewhat similar in style and function?

Thanks in Advance,

Shaden79

It looks alot like a Lian Li case. Insides wise it resembles this heavily. Lian Li V2010A

But that case is really expensive. The quiet comes from the omen being water cooled, the case helps, but the water cooling eliminated 3 fans (at least,cpu, 2X gpu) I would look into either lian li or silverstone. they are both what I consider "Classy" case manufactures. Meaning they generally don't have all the bling on them. And they are damn fine cases. I am running a lian li pc61 now and love it.

suggestion other than the above.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112140
(i want this case for my serve build)

I know you are looking for something similar, however you will be hardpressed to find it. Voodoo is know for taking a "base" case and remanufacturing it to their own unique specs. The new Voodoo Omen case resembles a cross between a Lian Li and a Cosmos (for the insides). Also the mobo is turned vertically somehow and the drives are quick accessible.

gallery_omen_1024x768_10.jpg

gallery_omen_1024x768_2.jpg

I REALLY dig the new Omen myself but trying to recreate one would be quite the challenge.

Back