_____My Black and red machine, well whatever you want to call it...

ratbird

Limp Gawd
So it was about time i got me a new computer. This time i would build be a real computer rather than a nintendo pc (http://members.aol.com/ramonintendo).
1.jpg

So here is the case i got from newegg (40$)
2.jpg

the usb ports i cut off and put on top
3.jpg

here is what it looks like after some good time spent with my dremel :)
4.jpg

better shot of the skull i cut out
5.jpg

the skull is the same skull i got from the fan grill

7.jpg

here i used some bondo to smooth out the gap in the metals. The reason why i did this is because i needed that little rise so that the usb ports wouldnt hit my top drive, also that piece of metal is the one i cut off the bottom front also. it all fit perfect
9.jpg

here is some painting, oh yeah thats the modders mesh on mnpctech

10.jpg

better shot of the paint
11.jpg

usb ports
12.jpg

you can see how misses the cd tray by a hair, i got lucky there

13.jpg

different view

14.jpg

closer shot

15.jpg

i was changing the leds that came with the lcd, there were green so i changed them to red

16.jpg

my fan work

17.jpg

you cant tell if they are on or off (quiet :)

18.jpg

fresh paint

19.jpg

i made that fan fit

20.jpg
;)
my soul has arrived

21.jpg

some wireing
22.jpg

making the feet light up

23.jpg

wiring the cdrom drives
24.jpg

new computer, new "JERKER", way better than my last crap desk
25.jpg

the other side

26.jpg

red cathodes, ON!

27.jpg

cathodes off...

As for the actuall computer going inside, newegg is replacing the motherboard and video card for me since they didnt work, or else i wouldve been done with this thing. As for the actually case i touched it up with some paint to cover up those small scratches, when i get more done ill take more pics....let me know what you think, thanks :)

CLEAN UP YOUR DESKTOP!! :p I would find it hard to believe that you use all those 60 icons.

Other than that, wicked case mod!

takeabao said:
CLEAN UP YOUR DESKTOP!! :p I would find it hard to believe that you use all those 60 icons.
Second that.

I don't even have Icons on my desktop....
That is what the start menu is for.

Borgschulze said:
Wow, Really nice, I prefer all black though.
Still, beautiful case indeed.

nah... looks great... contrast is a good thing...
nice choice of colors...

How is the Jerker working out for you? I was concidering buying the same desk with a different finish though.

this jerker for me =10/10
It has a perfect amount of workspace. I will be able to fit both of my comps. Ill take higher res pics later. DAMN YOU POSTAL SERVICE FOR TAKING SO LONG!!

Very nice work. I just ordered a similar model skyhawk from dealsonic, and once it arrives next week I'll begin working on it (stay tuned for Project: Thriced). In the meanwhile, I had a few questions about that case. First of all, is that a 120mm fan you have in the front? If so, how tight of a fit was it? If I remove the power supply bracket in the back, is there room to drill 2 80mm exhaust holes? Is there enough space on top for a 120mm blowhole? And finally, how's the overall build quality of that thing? Great job, by the way, I like the color scheme.

Yeah its a 120mm fan. Its really quiet when you slow down its speed, you cant even tell its on. Yep it was a tight fit, you can tell buy me having to cut the floppy tray and some other very minor cuts here and there.
19.jpg

about the top 120mm fan, im not sure about that, all i really wanted was one big fan in the front, so i havnt measured but its a confortable case so it might fit most likely. The over all build quality is pretty good well worth it, even better when you have all the parts and stuff inside. thanks

takeabao said:

Other than that, wicked case mod!
I count 73.

But excellent work on the case! It's nice to see a good old case mod - nothing outrageously gaudy, but complicated enough that you can tell alot of work was put in it. Props to you :)

I think I might just do two 80mm blowholes in the front then. I was just thinking... is there enough room in that lower drive bay for 3 hard drives to run cooly? Or would the airflow be seriously choked? I have a raptor and two 200GB hard drives I'd like to put in there, and I want them to be nice and cool. And what about making two exhaust blowholes in the back?

simply beautiful! the best mods truely do come from generic cases. Good job with the modders mesh, although you could have saved some money by simply going to the hardware store!

ratbird said:
So it was about time i got me a new computer. This time i would build be a real computer rather than a nintendo pc ....let me know what you think, thanks :)
That machine is looking mighty nice. It's alot of work doing all the bondo, cutting, shaping, and painting! Kudos.....

28.jpg

well first my dog always has to get in the way *smack!* dirty jada
29.jpg

the wiring is sloppy but it doesnt bother me nor the system itself so bleh
30.jpg

thats a badass skull
31.jpg

it seemed like a perfect place to put these stickers
32.jpg

cold cathode controller :eek:)
33.jpg

nice angle
34.jpg

look under my desk
35.jpg

this is the sexy angle
36.jpg

this is the ass
37.jpg

check out the detail!
38.jpg

i cracked the plexi glass by accident, oh well it doesnt bother me
39.jpg

on the "jerker"
40.jpg

cathodes on
41.jpg

wooooaah stealth drives :eek:)
42.jpg

if water cooling gets colder than this, please let me know

im gonna be puttting a ps1 lcd, and some water cooling for the hell of modding

they have them at newegg
30$, good quality, and easy to take apart and paint

nice job man i really like it. The nes pc is also awesome i have an old pc and nes around here i might give it a try.

Back