9700 AIO is causing blue screens

Agentflit

n00b
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
1
My ATI 9700 AIO is acting up, and I can't figure out why.


Symptoms: Every 3D game hard-freezes up or blue-screens after <1 minute. At first I figured it was the latest source update (DoD:Source was the first game to die), but every other 3D game is acting up as well, both Open GL and DirectX based. The blue screen is plain blue, without a stop code.

System Specs: AMD 2500+ @ 1.8 GHz, ATI 9700 AIO (Omega 2.6.61), 512 RAM, 250 GB Maxtor, XP SP2, and a good PSU.

What I've tried so far:
Re-installed games, uninstalled & re-installed drivers, rolled back drivers, performed a "clean reboot", derfragmented, cleaned out dust in case, double checked processor & case temps (all very reasonable), re-seated all the harware, banged head against wall.


Does this sound like a harware or sofware problem? I need a course of action. Thanks.
 
point an 80mm fan at the gfx card, then see if it works better...


then if it doesnt try this: reserve your IRQ 11 in the bios, see if that helps

~Adam
 
Back
Top