• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

9600GT upgrade - advice needed

fillup

n00b
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4
Been out of the loop for a while. What's a good upgrade to a GeForce 9600GT? Would a GTX 560 ti be overkill for my Core 2 Duo E8400 ( overclocked to 3.6 GHz), or should I just get the cheaper GTX 460 instead? I'm running a Corsair 650W power supply.
 
well technically an E8400 at 3.6 is not going to fully push a gtx560ti in every game. most games will be fine though so it really depends on what you are playing. you did not list your resolution though which also needs to be known.
 
well technically an E8400 at 3.6 is not going to fully push a gtx560ti in every game. most games will be fine though so it really depends on what you are playing. you did not list your resolution though which also needs to be known.


I'm running 1920x1200. Just bought a new rc flight sim called Aerofly5 and my 9600gt isn't cutting it any more. Given my cpu, do you think the gtx 560ti would provide higher fps than the gtx 460???
 
I'm running 1920x1200. Just bought a new rc flight sim called Aerofly5 and my 9600gt isn't cutting it any more. Given my cpu, do you think the gtx 560ti would provide higher fps than the gtx 460???
I dont know about that particular game but I think flight sims are usually pretty demanding on the cpu.
 
Back
Top