850w enough?

Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
24
Planning to get the seasonic x850. Is it enough for my config below?

- asus p9x79 deluxe
- intel i7 3820 (and to upgrade to ivy bridge-e 6 core when available)
- sapphire hd7850
- 6hdd (planning to get to 15hdd with hba supermicro card later)
- minor usb stuffs keyboard mouse etc
 
For your current build you only need 450W....even going nuts with HDDs you're only going to need another 100W. Possibly a bit more if you're going nuts with case fans.
 
Yep. Good 500-600 watt power supply would be sufficient.
 
That is the WORST calulator I've ever seen.

You need no more then 600w.
 
That is the WORST calulator I've ever seen.

You need no more then 600w.

This. It overestimates the draw on my system by a almost a factor of 2x.

OP, the only PSU calculator I trust is written by PSU gurus FiX and Phaedrus, and can be dowloaded from:

http://psucalc.net/
 
Back
Top