800$ system =-/ 3.0ghz...?

Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
555
Umm can someone help me configure an 800$ system/(tower only) with atleast a 3.0ghz p4 class c ?

I was thinking to go with the abit mobo and umm maybe 512 or even a gig of ram... for th hd maybe an 80 gig wd.. heh case I have no idea yet.. other components


edit: oh yeah i forgot to say that no graphics card is included in the price.. heh thats being taken care of.
 
nice case + 6 80 mm silent fans + 2.6c +DFI infinity + 2 gigs of ram + 450 watt antec + 80 gig + 160 gig WD 8 meg cache HD's + dvdrw/cdrw combo drive and you might be about 800 bucks... give or take a few hundred :D

~Adam
 
Eh, why would you put 2 gigs of RAM in an 800 dollar system? :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
I pieced this together from newegg.com :

Case: ANTEC Black Performance Series II SOHO File Server Tower ATX Case with 400W Power Supply ($92)
Mobo: Abit IS7 ($97)
Processor: 3.0Ghz P4C ($228)
RAM: Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 512MB(256MBx2) PC3200 ($94)
HDD: Western Digital WD800JB - OEM Drive ($71)
Optical Drive: Lite-On Black DVD-RW/+RW Model LDW-411S BLK - OEM ($93)
OS: Windows XP Home w/ SP1a - OEM ($95)

All that comes to roughly $770, not including shipping.
(My advice: research...)
 
heh i have done research heh..
anyways.. i want to get opinions on that 2.8 class e would it go with the abit max3 mobo?
 
hey- I had fun doing bad math- lol I didn't even try to count... but I wouldn't midn having that system I said... mmmm

~Adam
 
Newegg states that the IC7-MAX3 (that's what you're looking for, right?) is Prescott-capable, but I can't find squat on Abit's site.

And CleanSlate, where did you get that info from? That's closer to $1000 than $800.
 
read what I said- give or take 2 or 3 hundred dollars :D I jsut felt like being excessive? sue me ;)

~Adam
 
Originally posted by CleanSlate
Did a Cheese just make fun of me? I'm at an all time low now... LOL.

~Adam

Yes he did.:D

Also the 2.4C is a great overclocking chip. Good luck with whatever components you buy.
 
The spam and post count padding beeth plentiful:p

Gow with the ABIT IS7 - great board and opens up some money in the budget to spend on RAM or the like.
 
Back
Top