• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8 bit panel?

Hyndaui lies on their panels they say 16.7 million but its really 6 bit so thats not really possible, who knows what stat they are twisting to make it say 16.7...shame on them really
 
as far as I know the cheapeast 8 bit panels are the 05 dells, NOT THE 07's

Anything else you're looking to spend atleast $375 for 8 bit and decent response times.
 
so. there are lcds with better image quality than what i have now?! that's cool !! and the dells are 8bit, interesting.
 
gotfrag? said:
what monitors are 19" lcd's are 8 bit and decent response times? for $375?
ViewSonic VP930b. Newegg is selling it for $357. I have it and it's a excellent all-rounder LCD.
 
i notice that the white to black to white response time is 20ms on the 930b
how is gaming with it?
 
gotfrag? said:
i notice that the white to black to white response time is 20ms on the 930b
how is gaming with it?

I owned it its fast enough for gaming, but screen blur is evident. Some people see it, some don't. It depends on the user.
 
ok I read that that little review, and I was thinking of buying a VX924
What do you guys think of that monitor for gaming?
 
gotfrag? said:
ok I read that that little review, and I was thinking of buying a VX924
What do you guys think of that monitor for gaming?
I just exchanged the VP930 I wrote about for a VX922, I'll probably write it up 2morrow...
I'll let you know what I think....
EDIT: nice review popped up:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/27/the_spring_2006_lcd_collection/
I would sort of ignore some of Tom's comments , they obviously don't USE these monitors only test them. However from what I've seen so far gaming is CRT like on my new VX922...
 
gotfrag?

I think you should pass on the VX924 and go with the VX922 if you can affoard the price difference. The VX924 was pathetic overall. The 922 is much better all around and currently the fastest LCD available.
 
PCMusicGuy said:
I think you should pass on the VX924 and go with the VX922 if you can affoard the price difference. The VX924 was pathetic overall. The 922 is much better all around and currently the fastest LCD available.
I'm very curious as to how you draw your conclusions, care to share?
The VX922 differs from the VX924 in two aspects only, better contrast 1:660 as opposed 1:500 and 2ms GTG as opposed to 3ms GTG, so for all purposes if the VX924 is "pathetic overall" then by all means the VX922 should recieve similar praises from you... :rolleyes:
 
altcon said:
I'm very curious as to how you draw your conclusions, care to share?
The VX922 differs from the VX924 in two aspects only, better contrast 1:660 as opposed 1:500 and 2ms GTG as opposed to 3ms GTG, so for all purposes if the VX924 is "pathetic overall" then by all means the VX922 should recieve similar praises from you... :rolleyes:

VX922 Latency

VS.

VX924 Latency

Big Difference!
 
Thanks for the links
So why do you say the vx924 is bad?
I would rather not spend the extra $40 because I want to put that towards a mx518 and a x-fi sound card. So im still undecided as to which monitor to get.
Is the vx922 really that much better?
Should I get a 930b for its 8bit capabilities?
 
Have you seen the Hyundai Q90u 3ms (2.4ms) 19 LCD monitor? I'm interested in that one because its just as fast the vx924 and it has height adjustment and accurate colors. And most imortantly its cost $330 shipped.
 
Shottah_king said:
Yeah I read that review yesterday, it does make a compelling point. Though I must say Tom is the only one who actually claims the VX924 is "slow", all other reviews I've read including Xbit,Prad and BEhardware say its fast as hell.
As for the VX922 I can now say from experience, WOW that is amazing response time, I fragged in CSS yesterday and I couldn't percieve any LAG/GHOSTING/BLURRING , which left me kind of shocked....
Anyway I'll be writing it up when I get home from the lab today.
VX924:
http://prad.de/en/monitore/review_viewsonic_vx924.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/response-compensation_18.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/02/viewsonic_vx924/index.html
VX922:
http://prad.de/en/monitore/review-viewsonic-vx922.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/27/the_spring_2006_lcd_collection/page33.html
 
Back
Top