7th replacement 2001FP

nick58b

n00b
I need some input on my situation. My first 2001FP had an extremely annoying bright green stuck pixel in the center of the screen, so I asked for a replacement. Now, 7 replacements later (after bright spots and lots of stuck pixels), I have an LCD with 4 stuck pixels, but they are all dim and not instantly noticeable (and no bright spot).

It's after my 30 day "TSRP", but they keep exchanging them for free. My question is, should I keep trying for a perfect one, or should I just give up and settle with this one?

If it bothers you, then you better keep going. Personally, I don't care how dim the pixels are -- the moment they are noticed, they become annoyingly unforgettable.

wow.. 7..

that's 2 more than me. :(
The problem is that you won't know how many times you need to exchange to get a perfect one. If it doesn't bother you too much, just keep it to save the hassle , but make sure you call Dell and have them compensate you in some way.

If you decide to exchange it one more time, you can have a chat with the tech support floor manager and request that your monitor go through extra testing to make sure you don't end up with another faulty monitor.

This 5th replacement probably will be my last time.

How does the process work when/if you have to get a replacement? I had a Dell computer before and if I ever needed something replaced, they just sent me the item with a return shipping label and I switched the item and people(Airborne Express?) actually came by and picked up the broken item to ship back.

Or with this 2001fp, do you have to send it back and wait for a replacement (no-cross ship)? If this is the case, do they reimburse you for shipping? If not, sending 7 lcd's would start to get pretty dang expensive in shipping costs.

TIA

They ship it first, but they no longer provide return shipping labels. What they do is have Airborne pick it up from you. Where they'll already have the waybill and etc.

The good thing is that they usually ship the replacement overnight.

It's really up to you. I ordered my 2001FP and got one with no dead pixels and no backlighting issues on the first try. You might need to return it 10 more times to get a good one or maybe the next one will be good. One thing that's possible is that when someone sends a monitor back, Dell will take a look at the display. Most people are returning monitors with only a few dead or stuck pixels, and since it's within the allowable tolerances, it's conceivable that Dell then repackages these ones and sends them out as replacements. This might explain why you see people like yourself returning monitors 5 or more times. Now, although I have no concrete evidence to say something like this and so what I say should not be taken as fact, the number of people reporting having to return monitors multiple times is making me wonder.

Hell, you've paid close to a thousand dollars. If the product is anything less than perfect, you have the right to bitch at them until you get what you paid for. It seems to me like the guy with the P4EE that arrived with bent pins - you can keep it, sure, but WHY? If it bothers you, by all means send it back

Originally posted by Mad_Pyro
Hell, you've paid close to a thousand dollars. If the product is anything less than perfect, you have the right to bitch at them until you get what you paid for. It seems to me like the guy with the P4EE that arrived with bent pins - you can keep it, sure, but WHY? If it bothers you, by all means send it back
Exactly what I was going to post. I would keep sending them back if I payed that much $.

Back