7800gtx pic

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
DWAY7800gtx.jpg
[/IMG]

Holy crap.

Looks even longer than the old-school Ti4600 from back in the day. All that copper will be very heavy.

Jeebus :eek: I dunno if that would even fit in my case...

single slot is cool tho... I wonder how it overclocks :D

I wish they would make video cards as pretty as they are priced .. seriously .. that think looks like a long toothed shark

Lsv said:
how's it gonna do SLI? i cant see anything on it

Maybe they'll do it internally instead of through the interconnect board. Like ATi's new solution.

ati's needs a connector now, and though you can use your current cards, you have to also go and buy a huge and quite expensive 'master' version of your card...
it may perform better, but it is quite a difficult method...
but lets not get into a debate on this
f

compare9go.jpg

It is not perfect but it kinda works.
That is a XFX 6800 Ultra PCI E 512MB from Newegg.

so much bigger than the PC version? and no power connector? what the heck kind of slot does that puppy go into? is alot of that space taken up by circuitry to make it somehow get ALL its power from the slot?

EDIT: went to apple.com, seems it's an AGP Pro 8x slot, them puppies are 50W, aren't they? probably wouldn't need a molex.

if that thing really is AGP Pro 8x, then I would believe it's the real thing....... probably doesn't OC very well, though..... what would be funny, since the G5 dualies are PCI-E, is if Apple came up with an SLI model....

DaRkF0g said:
New character looks horrible, least nalu was nice to look at :)
Heh the new character model looks like an accurate rendition of an average member of the 7800GTX's target audience. actually he does kind of look like i did before i lost all the weight...:eek:

Or here's another way of looking at it: nVidia must be very comfortable with their superiority in this new generation if they choose to pit this guy against ATI's Ruby when it's proven that sex sells. Not saying I believe this, or even that I believe this is the final "mascot" so-to-speak, but it's something hypothetical to chew on...

Zinn said:
Heh the new character model looks like an accurate rendition of an average member of the 7800GTX's target audience. actually he does kind of look like i did before i lost all the weight...:eek:

Or here's another way of looking at it: nVidia must be very comfortable with their superiority in this new generation if they choose to pit this guy against ATI's Ruby when it's proven that sex sells. Not saying I believe this, or even that I believe this is the final "mascot" so-to-speak, but it's something hypothetical to chew on...
Thats pretty scary :eek:

Anywho, at this point anything is hard to tell, who knows what the final "pieces" of the 7800 will look like. *sigh* I remeber when we were speculating over the 6800, oh how the times change. :rolleyes:

Zinn said:

I look exactly like the mascot :(

Except my hair is darker, I have thick glasses, I'm not as fat, I don't wear a helment, and I'm more than likely a good deal shorter :(

Zinn said:

This is a bit off-topic, but I must say I love your site, did you do all the DHTML yourself?
When I get the proper funds to start up nerveLAN again I am going to incorporate some of your ideas, differently, but the inspiration was there from you.

here, with the helmet and the chin hair i closely resembled that guy:
helmet.jpg

ScHpAnKy said:
This is a bit off-topic, but I must say I love your site, did you do all the DHTML yourself?
When I get the proper funds to start up nerveLAN again I am going to incorporate some of your ideas, differently, but the inspiration was there from you.
thanks dude :D

Hey zinn, what overclocks are u getting from the 6800gt with that craptacular psu?

:D That picture gave me a good laugh. Exactly what that guy would look like if he were to be rendered on a computer :)

Hey Zinn (from a n00b's perspective) that's some pretty nice photoshopping with the helmet. It looks more real than half the Vfx scenes from Matrix: Revolutions :D .

Nvidia's characters have always had a sexual appeal (like that hot fairy girl from the FX days, and then Nalu). But then somebody told me that Nvidia used the pic of an old bald man on their 6800Ultra's HSF (I wouldn't know because such a card is well above anything I'm able to buy). So it would seem that Nvidia isn't really concerned about using sexual icons else they never would have went with the bald man for the 6800.

GVX said:
Hey Zinn (from a n00b's perspective) that's some pretty nice photoshopping with the helmet. It looks more real than half the Vfx scenes from Matrix: Revolutions :D .

Nvidia's characters have always had a sexual appeal (like that hot fairy girl from the FX days, and then Nalu). But then somebody told me that Nvidia used the pic of an old bald man on their 6800Ultra's HSF (I wouldn't know because such a card is well above anything I'm able to buy). So it would seem that Nvidia isn't really concerned about using sexual icons else they never would have went with the bald man for the 6800.

Maybe they're trying to appeal to us girl gamers...
Definitely wouldn't hit that. That helmet has stripes like Herby the Love Bug. I really hope that isn't a spoof or something.

Alexia said:
Definitely wouldn't hit that. That helmet has stripes like Herby the Love Bug. I really hope that isn't a spoof or something.

You women are much too picky :p

If it were to do SLI "internally," wouldnt that then mean that SLI got a major revamp? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the current SLI require that link between the tops of the cards?

robberbaron said:
If it were to do SLI "internally," wouldnt that then mean that SLI got a major revamp? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the current SLI require that link between the tops of the cards?

Doesn´t require, but to get the most performance benefits you need to attach the bridge connector.

the bridge connector just reduces latency between teh cards by an order of magnitude.

SnakEyez187 said:
In terms of Nvidia cards, reference designs are always huge compared to the retail designs

AFAIK, manufacturers of most, if not all 6800s follow the reference design. I bet same thing will happen this round. Now I need a new case :D

TehQuick said:
AFAIK, manufacturers of most, if not all 6800s follow the reference design. I bet same thing will happen this round. Now I need a new case :D
i think hes talking about pre-release sample designs.

Back