• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

750W TP

WojtekGee

n00b
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
26
Hey guys,
I've been running into some issues as of late bsoding, and I'm trying to rule out possible issues.

I was considering that this may be a PSU issue, and I've tried to calculate myself and it seemed ok, but to make sure I thought i'd ask you guys.

It's a 750W Antec TP Blue (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371022)

Asus Crosshair IV extreme mobo, with 955 BE overclocked to 3.9, 1.5125V

8 Gigs corsair xms3 @ 1.5V

Two reference sapphire 5850s, overlocked slightly (i think +50/100 just in the CCC)

and a noctua NHD14 heatsink, with a few case fans and a noctua side panel fan.

One mechanical HDD
CD/DVD writer

CPU does NOT overheat, runs idle at 28C and under full load (stress tests) @ a steady 54-55.

GPUs do NOT overheat, run on full load (stress tests / graphic intensive games) @ a steady 60-65ish (I don't let them get higher with Afterburner)


Is this enough, would this setup cause BSOD issues because of power consumption issues?

BSOD error is atikmdag.sys... googling brings up a lot of issues, lots that are random, and some indicate that it is related to power consumption as well.. so I thought I'd ask :)
 
Most likely unstable overclock. The power supply you have is a very good one, and there's no way you should be exceeding its limits.
 
The thing is that I ran stress test for both the GPU (Furmark) and ram (memtest86) and CPU (prime95), one each night this past week - returning no crashes.

I doubt it can be unstable overclock, but I'll dial back the GPUs to start and see what happens.
 
I also agree that its likely not your PSU. After years of fighting with ATI drivers, I finally gave up and relegated my 4850 to my HTPC. Do you have another drive you could put a test load on and see if it BSODs on a fresh load?

You may want to ask a mod to move this to the Video card section aswell.
 
Nah I don't, however I've found that it may have been a setting undervoltage issue with the GPUs.

I upped it to 1187 mV and I haven't had a crash yet, so I'll keep an eye on it.
 
Back
Top