74GB raptor temperature

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5,833
Lavalys Everest Home Edition reports my 74GB Raptors to run at 36C (97F) and 39C (102F) when relativly idle (email, web browsing). I am using Zalman ZM-2HC2 NP Heatpipe HDD Cooler on both drives. The drives are mounted in the regular drive bays of a LianLi PC-V1000.

I have read some posts where people have reported <30C under full load. I don't think I have the option to mount a fan in front of the drives (the last thing I want is more noise anyway). My question is; Considering that WD specifies the operating temp for the 74GB raptor at 41C, should I be worried about my HDs running too hot? If I should be worried, is there some other type of passive HD cooler that would lower the temp?
 
I don't think you really have anything to worry about. 35-40C is relatively cool for a hard drive, especially a 10k rpm one.
 
Back
Top