6900 Ultra with one molex?

Shawn

Limp Gawd
IN this picture this video card has one molex is this true?

aopen.jpg

hmm... maybe its a newer or maybe an older revision that only needs/needed one connector.

notice that the board isn't based on the reference design. Maybe aopen tweaked the board enough to only require 1 molex.

If so, that could give them a pretty major advantage. I mean, obviously their card will require approximately the same amount of power as everybody else's, but this will be MUCH easier to hook up in your system.

Originally posted by V0ltage
hmm... maybe its a newer or maybe an older revision that only needs/needed one connector.

its the newest card out there. i dont even think its in stores yet

Originally posted by Spank
that aint even an nv40, that is a pic of an nv38

:rolleyes:

nv38 has a heatspreader on the core, and the core isn't that big, or has a shim .Jesus.

Originally posted by WalteRr
:rolleyes:

nv38 has a heatspreader on the core, and the core isn't that big, or has a shim .Jesus.

yupp, that aint an nv38 core, nv 38 is smaller and twisted 45deg, i was wrong on that :( but that is an nv38 reference board

AFAIK, it's up to the board makers to include dual DVI + a DVI->VGA converter, or DVI + VGA. So it's possible that we'll see that configuration in a 6800u.

Originally posted by Spank
yupp, that aint an nv38 core, nv 38 is smaller and twisted 45deg, i was wrong on that :( but that is an nv38 reference board

he's right, it's the same design as the nv38 reference board

edit: link won't work, but hexus has a good pic of one on their site

Forgot where I read it, but I recall seeing that vendors could use only one connector but it cannot have any other devices on the string (not even a fan), whereas with two connectors you could put other devices on the remaining connectors.

Back