620W enough to power this system?

plinkett

n00b
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
15
I was wondering if my PSU is sufficient for my setup or if it's constantly pushing the PSU limits. I'm not noticing crashes or anything related to PSU failure, but I wanted to get some thoughts on whether it would be worth it to replace this PSU because it has always had a squealing coming from its capacitors. Done that for 3+ years but performed well all the time. The sound rarely bothers me, usually the game is way louder anyway.

Core i7 920 D0 @ 4GHZ, 1.25V with LLC (under load it hits 1.27V), 1.2Vqpi
Rampage II Extreme
3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1550MHZ CL7 1T
HD7970 @ 1125/1575MHZ stock volts
1x1TB HDD, 2x320GB HDD (RAID 0), all 7200RPM
2x180mm Silverstone Air Penetrator fans
6x120mm Silverstone Ultra Quiet fans
2x120mm CPU fans
Soundcard that came with the mobo (PCIE1x or so)
1xDVD writer.

... powered by the Corsair HX620.

Thoughts? Is that pushing it?
 
HX620 is fine.

The squealing is most likely coil whine, and can happen randomly with any PSU. If it bothers you, I believe Corsair will RMA it for you, provided it is still in warranty.
 
Back
Top