6002 Copper block started to oxidize

OrionNT

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2002
Messages
1,342
I have been setting up my WCing system and the cpu block has been laying out and I noticed it was starting to oxidize. I wipped it down with some Isoprobyl alcohol, but that didnt do much. Whats the best way to clean it, so it looks new again?
 
Heinz ketchup , vineger , brasso, neverdull, lemon juice, lime juice, these all seem to work very well :D
 
comon problem with the 6000 series block, or anything made of copper really, since the 6000 series completly made of copper it kinda shows more, the top and the sides you can polish them, with anything you use to polish metals, the underside you can do the same and then clean with alcohol.

here is what i did to mine, i was going to apply some clear coat to the sides and top, but never got to it, the storm arrived before i could finish it.

DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg
 
Wow that looks freakin sweet. What polish did you use and how did you apply it?
 
I just received a new 6002 and would like to obtain the same shiny result. How exactly did you get it so nice and shiny?
 
Back
Top