• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5870 stuttering issues.

Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
3
Has anyone figured out what is causing these yet? I have tried the Diamond and XFX 5870. I have tried it on two different computers. One with a Q6600 processor, and one with an I7 920 processor. I have tried it on Windows Vista 64 and Windows 7 64. I have tried it at different resolutions. No matter what I do there is stuttering in games.

In Crysis and Fallout 3 it's pretty much constantly happening. In Crysis it's when I do something as simple as aim down the sights, or when a new section is loading or something new is on the screen. In fallout 3 it's whenever I move the mouse around.

I have a GTX 285 card as well and I don't have any of these issues. Anyone have the same issues, and were you able to fix it?
 
I noticed some random jitter in the L4D2 demo, not sure if that is related or not. Haven't noticed any stutter/jitter in Crysis, though. I've read that if you disable AA it goes away (which makes sense since I don't run AA in Crysis).
 
I had some weird jittering problems in L4D2, and thought it might be my crossfired 5870's. Turned out it was the Multi-Core Optimization option being on that caused it. Which is odd, because it works just fine in L4D1.
 
Back
Top