Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums, but I have gotten tons of great advice from you guys so I decided to join, so thanks for the great advice first of all.
Secondly and more to the point, I just a built a new rig with a single 5870 with 3 Asus 21.5 LCD monitors, (2 DVI and 1 DP to VGA adapter). When eyefinity works it is great, but I have so much trouble switching between tipple independent display and group mode. I constantly loose signal to my display port adapter when switching.
question
1. If i get another 5870 can I use eyefinity over crossfire?
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx
According to this link ATI says they now support it, but I have seen tons of posts saying that is not true
2. If (and When) it does work, will I be able to use all DVI ports and finally be rid of my displayport issues, ie 2 monitors on DVI ports on card one and 1 monitor on a DVI port on card 2?
Thanks for any input.
I am new to the forums, but I have gotten tons of great advice from you guys so I decided to join, so thanks for the great advice first of all.
Secondly and more to the point, I just a built a new rig with a single 5870 with 3 Asus 21.5 LCD monitors, (2 DVI and 1 DP to VGA adapter). When eyefinity works it is great, but I have so much trouble switching between tipple independent display and group mode. I constantly loose signal to my display port adapter when switching.
question
1. If i get another 5870 can I use eyefinity over crossfire?
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx
According to this link ATI says they now support it, but I have seen tons of posts saying that is not true
2. If (and When) it does work, will I be able to use all DVI ports and finally be rid of my displayport issues, ie 2 monitors on DVI ports on card one and 1 monitor on a DVI port on card 2?
Thanks for any input.