5870 CF Warhead Benching Console FPS does not match Framebuffer Bench

Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
5
:confused:

Hi All, have an odd problem. I've been running the Framebuffer Warhead benchmarking tool

Been testing this on a 5870 Crossfire setup. Having an odd problem, I wanted to see if anyone else has seen similar.

The FPS reported by Crysis Warhead's console is a good 15-25FPS higher than what is being reported by the green text in the top left of the screen provided by the framebuffer tool. Running FRAPS I also get the same fps reported from fraps as the framebuffer tool reports.

Again the in game crysis console fps is a good bit higher than either of those report, has anyone seen this before ? Is there some explanation for this ?

Odd thing is, the game feels as if the fraps/benching fps is accurate and the console reported fps is too high. BUT I get good scaling from crossfire in other games and benchmarks, matching up what I see reported for those games in reviews, BUT my warhead results match single 5870 review numbers.

It's really odd, crysis warhead in game console also reports multi-gpu is active and looking at the fps it reports, it looks accurate to what 5870cf is putting out in reviews, BUT the framebuffer tool and fraps are reporting a lower #, similar to what a single card would put out, and it feels slower watching the benches run.. as if the console fps is wrong..

Help please if possible!

Thanks!
 
:confused:

Hi All, have an odd problem. I've been running the Framebuffer Warhead benchmarking tool

Been testing this on a 5870 Crossfire setup. Having an odd problem, I wanted to see if anyone else has seen similar.

The FPS reported by Crysis Warhead's console is a good 15-25FPS higher than what is being reported by the green text in the top left of the screen provided by the framebuffer tool. Running FRAPS I also get the same fps reported from fraps as the framebuffer tool reports.

Again the in game crysis console fps is a good bit higher than either of those report, has anyone seen this before ? Is there some explanation for this ?

Odd thing is, the game feels as if the fraps/benching fps is accurate and the console reported fps is too high. BUT I get good scaling from crossfire in other games and benchmarks, matching up what I see reported for those games in reviews, BUT my warhead results match single 5870 review numbers.

It's really odd, crysis warhead in game console also reports multi-gpu is active and looking at the fps it reports, it looks accurate to what 5870cf is putting out in reviews, BUT the framebuffer tool and fraps are reporting a lower #, similar to what a single card would put out, and it feels slower watching the benches run.. as if the console fps is wrong..

Help please if possible!

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "help please if possible". Do you mean to slap you upside the head and tell you to go play the game instead of running benchies? :p Seriously though.

I'm wondering if ATI's drivers are detecting and lying to crysis. I doubt it, but I figured I'd start that rumor with no proof. I really have no idea what your problem is. :(
 
I dunno what's cuaisng it, but I have the SAME EXACT issue with my HD 5870's. So you're not the only one.

Also, my bench scores come out REALLY bad, in some cases I get like an 8fps improvement avg in CFX... which is dumb. But my scores come out normal in other tests and games, especially the UNiGiNE bench.

I find it odd that it'll be jumping around the 70's and it'll be reading my 40fps and crap.

Honestly, the day I was testing, after 2 weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong after formatting, PSU swapping etc (you name it, I pretty much tried it) and even buying a new motherboard the issue never went away.

No flippin idea why it only effects certain people.

And rule out bad OC, because it'll do it even at stock.

I also starting to think other peoples scores are rigged and they're using mods.
 
I dunno what's cuaisng it, but I have the SAME EXACT issue with my HD 5870's. So you're not the only one.

Also, my bench scores come out REALLY bad, in some cases I get like an 8fps improvement avg in CFX... which is dumb. But my scores come out normal in other tests and games, especially the UNiGiNE bench.

I find it odd that it'll be jumping around the 70's and it'll be reading my 40fps and crap.

Honestly, the day I was testing, after 2 weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong after formatting, PSU swapping etc (you name it, I pretty much tried it) and even buying a new motherboard the issue never went away.

No flippin idea why it only effects certain people.

And rule out bad OC, because it'll do it even at stock.

I also starting to think other peoples scores are rigged and they're using mods.


Thanks for the helpful reply, it doesn't add up to me either. I -ALSO- swapped mobos, went from an ex58-ud3r to an ex58-ud5, out of interest, are you running a gigabyte mobo ?

I've done full reinstalls as well, running win 7 64. I've tried the bench on a fresh install with just drivers, I've changed crossfire bridges, tried using two bridges one, different drivers, re-install of warhead, framebuffer tool etc.

PLUS when I run the bench tools for far cry 2 or stalker clear sky etc.. fraps matches what those games report, same for unigine bench. But there is this sticking issue with warhead.. the console fps looks right.. but something is buggered up.

Really strange.
 
The CF drivers are still not optimized yet. Many reviewers have said the same. Be patient.
 
Thanks for the helpful reply, it doesn't add up to me either. I -ALSO- swapped mobos, went from an ex58-ud3r to an ex58-ud5, out of interest, are you running a gigabyte mobo ?

I've done full reinstalls as well, running win 7 64. I've tried the bench on a fresh install with just drivers, I've changed crossfire bridges, tried using two bridges one, different drivers, re-install of warhead, framebuffer tool etc.

PLUS when I run the bench tools for far cry 2 or stalker clear sky etc.. fraps matches what those games report, same for unigine bench. But there is this sticking issue with warhead.. the console fps looks right.. but something is buggered up.

Really strange.

Wow, I seriously thought I was the only one. Seriously makes me think other scores people get are rigged.

Hell, don't try voltage adjustment for the cards either, it doesn't work. Lol, we ran out of ideas to try!!
 
Still having this issue and it's ONLY in warhead... original Crysis is fine, my benches are match up others with 5870 crossfire. The only thing I can similar between your setup and mine, is we are both using an SSD, other than that, our procs, mobos, ram are all different.

But I'm not even using a gskill ssd, have a vertex.

I've tried warhead now without being patched, patched, 32 bit, 64 bit. I cannot figure out wtf this issue is.
 
To OP:

Don't know if this will help but this is my result with Gigabyte mobo also.


Crysis Warhead:

Codepath: Ambush

Loops: 3

Resolution: 1920x1200

DX Version: 10

Graphics quallity: Enthusiast

AA/AF X0


FPS: min (28) avg (48) max (57)

Still there is stuttering and some huge slowdowns (ingame) usually when i zoom or someone shoot me from long distance the fps dips from 38/40 to 15!! BTW i think my fps are same comparing to FRAPS readings.

@ Copyright, Exactly.
 
To OP:

Don't know if this will help but this is my result with Gigabyte mobo also.


Crysis Warhead:

Codepath: Ambush

Loops: 3

Resolution: 1920x1200

DX Version: 10

Graphics quallity: Enthusiast

AA/AF X0


FPS: min (28) avg (48) max (57)

Still there is stuttering and some huge slowdowns (ingame) usually when i zoom or someone shoot me from long distance the fps dips from 38/40 to 15!! BTW i think my fps are same comparing to FRAPS readings.

@ Copyright, Exactly.

huh, the fps never deep that down for me in 4890CF, guess thats a driver issue there...

and definitely no stutter when zoom etc.....

the only stutter in game is Tunnel parts and the beach part... thats it...
 
beach level is just lol! the fps goes to 15 when there is alot of A.I. moving in my direction or when i'm in the middle of the beach. Actually its almost unplayable at the start of the beach, the part when you need to destroy the tank is good fps wise.
 
beach level is just lol! the fps goes to 15 when there is alot of A.I. moving in my direction or when i'm in the middle of the beach. Actually its almost unplayable at the start of the beach, the part when you need to destroy the tank is good fps wise.

haha yea...

well, it never happen in Crysis, but warhead is just fucked up..

which it suppose to be the same engine, but Crysis scale a lot better in CF than Warhead...
 
Maybe renaming the .exe can help?

Tried this, no change, and can't run the bench tool as it looks for crysis.exe It must be some sort of driver/software possible hardware conflict. But it can't be a defect as this is the only game where I'm seeing this.

The in game console reports FPS that looks to be accurate for what is reported for 5870 CF in warhead, but fraps, or the bench tool and what it actually feels like is lower than that by about 15-20fps. Some sort of conflict somewhere... really strange
 
Back
Top